|Rathyatra Route Map|
Ahmedabad Sri Jagannathji Temple 136th Rath Yatra is celebrated on July 10, 2013 (Wednesday). In the previous years the festival timings were from 4 am to 9 pm IST. Rath Yatra started at 7 am IST.
The the previous years the puja schedule were as follows
- Mangal Aarti to Lord Jagannath - 4 am;
- Special Bhog Kichdi - 4.30 am;
- Sri Jagannath will come to Rath at 6 am;
- Rath Yatra starts at 7 am IST.
- Rath Expected to Return to Temple at 6.30 pm
Webcast, podcast, online stream of the Rath yatra can be seen in the official Temple website http://www.jagannathjiahd.org/live_darshan.php
Sri Jagannath Mandir Rath Yatra is also being live telecast in Doordarshan DD Girnar (Gujarati). The live telecast begins in ETV Gujarati at 4 am in the morning. TV9 Gujarat might also live telecast the festival.
- Rath Travel Distance - 1.5 km
- 18 Elephants, 101 trucks depicting Indian Culture, 30 Akkadas performing Aerobatics, 18 Bhajan Mandalis, Ras Garba, bands and others will accompany Lord Jagannath
- Rath will Halt at Saraspur and then return to Temple
- Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is expected perform Pahindvidhi (pay obeisance by sweeping the path of Rath Travel)
|Rathyatra Dates 2005 to 2014|